Galaxy Nexus ADB Drivers, DDMS listed, Other Devices USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860&REV_0216&MI_01How to debug with a Galaxy Nexus USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860&REV_0216&MI_01 | Posted by Brent on Apr 23rd 12 07:43 PM
When I tried to install the drivers on windows for the Android Dalvik Debug Interface, windows told me the drivers were wrong for the device.
It turns out that the Galaxy Nexus is just not in the USB drivers specification for the ADB debug USB drivers, and assuming the drivers are the same for all debugging on phones...this should work for you like it did for me.
Warning: Do not attempt any of the following. This worked for me, and I am telling my story. I do not recommend repeating any of the following steps as they are unproven. While nothing went wrong with my phone, any actions you take based on this article are your own mistakes. Do your own research!
I don't advise anyone to follow what I did here. It did work for me, so I'm outlining how I got the standard ADB driver to work with my Galaxy Nexus.
Download the Android SDK if you haven't already and then go to the SDK \extras\google\usb_driver folder and open up the "android_winusb.inf" file in notepad.
If you haven't noticed already, there is a device in your device manager "Other Devices" when your device is connected with debugging enabled. I opened up that device and went to the "Details" tab and then selected "Hardware Ids".
My hardware id for the debug interface was the following.
USB - USB Device
VID_04E8 - Vendor ID (Samsung)
PID_6860 - Product ID? (Galaxy Nexus)
REV_0216 - Revision?
MI_01 - Unknown
From there, I added the following lines below [Google.NTamd64] and [Google.NTx86] using my hardware id from above. I modified it slightly: I removed the REV tag from both listings. I kept the MI_01 tag on the Composite interface. I removed the MI_01 tag on the Single interface. I was guessing based on the other listings in the INF file, and it worked, don't ask.
;Samsung Galaxy Nexus
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860&MI_01
Finally, I went to the device manager, right clicked my Other Device "Galaxy" and updated the drivers from the USB folder and Windows recognized the device properly instead of saying I had an unrecognized device. After that ddms.bat recognized my device and I was debugging right away without any problems. I even captured a screenshot of my device for the first time.