GTA 4 GTA IV PS3 Freeze Fix without deleting saves!This resolves the issues of the freezing load screens in GTA 4 aka Grand Theft Auto IV | Posted by brent on May 03rd 08 05:03 PM
By adhering to the following process, I have resolved the freezing of my Playstation 3 and managed to KEEP MY SAVE FILES. Take Two, please fix this for us.
1. Create another profile in your PS3 if you do not already have more than one.
2. Under games -> save data utitilty press Triangle, then copy all the saves of GTA4 (all but the one labeled Profile) to the other profile.
3. Delete the saves on this current profile.
4. Go to system settings, scroll to the bottom to "Network Settings" and "Disable" the Internet Connection.
5. Go back and go to the top of the "Games" menu on the Xcross media bar. Under Game Data Utility, delete the GTA4 data.
6. Start up GTA4, wait for it to rebuild the data cache.
7. Exit to the PS3 menu.
8. Change profiles to the one with the copied game saves.
9. Copy the game saves back over to the original profile!
10. Game On!
If you still have problems contact us at email@example.com