Doom III v1.3 patch | Posted by jonchappell on Aug 22nd 05 04:23 PM
Doom 3(TM) 1.3 Update README
Last updated 4-13-2005
Please note that in-game console commands are not supported by Activision(R).
This update for Doom 3 addresses issues found in multiplayer and single player
since release. A complete list of what we have fixed and added is below. For
future releases and more information about the game, please visit our web site:
For additional technical help with Doom 3, please see the Help system that came
with the game, or visit our web site: http://www.doom3.com
NOTES FOR MOD USERS:
- It is recommended that any user modifications that have been installed to the
Doom3 directory be removed before installing this update. These modifications
are not supported by Activision and may not be compatible with some of the new
features that are included.
NOTE FOR SINGLE PLAYER SAVED GAMES:
- Using this update will reset your progress in whatever map you are currently
saved in. When loading a saved game, the player starts at the begining of that
map with their inventory intact.
- Using this update will reset the Nightmare skill setting. If you are playing
in Nightmare mode before applying the 1.3 update, you will need to re-enable it
in the console (g_nightmare 1). After enabling it in the console, the game
must be relaunched in order for nightmare mode to show up as a selectable
NOTE FOR WIN32 DEDICATED SERVER EXECUTABLE
- Also included in the 1.3 update is a Win32 dedicated server executable. This
allows servers to be run under Win32 without a CD Check. You can launch this
with command line options or configure it through the console once launched.
Just launch "Doom3Ded.exe".
Fixes & Updates in 1.3:
- PunkBuster(TM) support has been added.
- EAX(R) ADVANCED HD(TM) support in the sound engine contributed by Creative
Labs(R). Doom 3 base game comes with room reverb data.
- To utilize EAX(R) ADVANCED HD(TM) in Doom 3, you must have 100% EAX 4.0
compatible sound card. Please refer to your sound card manufacturer for
details on whether or not your sound card supports EAX 4.0.
- Sound Blaster(R) Audigy(R) 2 users who wish to utilize the new EAX 4.0
feature in Doom 3 should download the latest Creative Beta Drivers for the card
released on April 5th, 2005. Not using these drivers may result in game
instability while using EAX 4.0.
- Server provides .pk4 file download URLs (http/ftp), client has internal
- New class of .pk4 files: 'addon paks' are only referenced when the map is
- .pk4 downloads and addon paks come with a number of fixes to the 'pure server
mode' filesystem code.
- Fixed ragdoll bounciness.
- Fixed how Doom 3 detects LAN client vs. Internet clients.
- LZW compression of render demos.
- Fixed command line parameter passing.
- Added a QuakeIII-style graph of the connection quality for network clients
defaults off, enable with net_clientLagOMeter 1
displays a graph of how much the client predicts ahead of the server
note that you can change the minimum predict ahead of a client by setting
Changes relevant to mod developers (SDK):
- Added UploadImage to idRenderSystem interface. This lets the user blit images
to the renderer.
- Supports fs_game_base; this lets you base a mod off base game + d3xp + your
- Most of the download redirection is handled in the game code, and can be
- ALSA device opened non-blocking to avoid hangs.