Deus Ex Patch Fixes
Deus Ex single / multiplayer v1.112fm patch | Posted by jonchappell on Aug 21st 05 08:55 PM
March 16, 2001
In version 1.112fm:
* Blocked some cheats related to overriding the local console or
* Doors opened by buttons in multiplayer work properly now.
* Opening a door in multiplayer automatically unlocks it, whether
opened by button or by lockpicking.
* Fixed some potential problems with locked double doors in
* Disabling screenflashes no longer has an effect on multiplayer.
Multiplayer always has screenflashes on.
* The server information window in the join game screen now
indicates whether or not a server is password protected.
* Mousewheel support for remote clients has been fixed to be
consistent with mousewheel use for the singleplayer game.
* If a server is listed as full on the join game screen, you cannot
join it. If you refresh the list and the server is no longer
listed as full, you can then join.
* The viewplayer command no longer works in multiplayer games. Mod
makers can change this by overriding the CanSpectate function.
* Looting corpses while carrying no weapons no longer gives you
increased ammo counts.
* The flamethrower was generating log warning messages under certain
circumstances. Those have been fixed.
* Dropping a weapon and then picking it up caused its ammo count to
get messed up, causing problems when you tried to restock it with
an ammo crate. This has been fixed.
* LAMs become disabled when the person who placed them leaves the
* You can no longer lean on other players to kill them.
* Leaning occasionally caused people to rotate wierdly. This has
* Under certain circumstances, the vision augmentation could be
broken until you died and respawned. This has been fixed.
* All locked doors in multiplayer should close properly now and will
not get stuck open.
* Keypads and locked doors lock after 28 seconds instead of 30
seconds. This prevents people from looting the same cabinet twice
for one pick attempt.
* Singleplayer energy shield was only blocking 70% damage at max
level instead of the 80% of the original singleplayer game. It has
been put back to 80%.
* If you hit the buy skills key in a singleplayer game, the belt
will no longer dim.
* Grenade placement animation works correctly now.
* Grenades can no longer be placed on selectable objects (computers,
weapons on the weapon rack). This includes doors. This prevents
players from hiding grenades behind computers, GEP guns, etc.
* At very low framerates(for the server or singleplayer),
lockpicking and multitooling took longer than they should. This
has been fixed.
* Pings now sort correctly on the join game screen.
* In multiplayer, when coming out of water, clients occasionally did
not get their eye heights adjusted properly, and would appear (to
themselves) to be crouched. This has been fixed.
* Elevator buttons should stay in better sync now.
* Next item/ Previous item commands (by default bound to the
mousewheel) should work better in multiplayer.
* The inventory screen can no longer be activated at the end of a
* The player death sequence should no longer occasionally freeze in
* The multiplayer scoreboard only highlights your player in gold,
even if other players have the same name.
* You can no longer exploit the regeneration augmentation by
toggling it on and off very quickly (resulting in almost instant
healing for almost no cost).
* Fixed a situation in which cloaked people were occasionally
slightly visible just after coming into the room or around a
* Fixed a bug in multiplayer in which you could turn 2 biocells,
lockpicks, medkits, grenades, or multitools into a lot by clicking
* Fixed a bug in singleplayer in which corpses occasionally became
placeholder boxes (garish boxes bearing the legend "Do not
* Fixed a bug in which firing a rapid-fire weapon immediately after
drawing it could get the weapon stuck in a bad state.
* Repair bots should no longer be accessible through closed
repairbot bay doors in multiplayer.
* The listen client player will not bleed from the previous
deathblow after respawn.
* In a DeathMatchGame, if there is a winning tie at all, the match
will be called a draw.
* A certain class of cheats was available by using alternate root
windows. The standard deathmatch and team deathmatch games now
kick players who are using a different root window, and support
has been added for mod teams to insist on their own windows.
* Text files can now be read in from packages other than
deusextext.u. This affects class Computers (emails/bulletins) and
class InformationDevices(datacubes, books, etc). A new property
"TextPackage" specifies the package from which the text comes.
* Targeting augmentation now displays hit location at which you are
* Throwing knife does 17 base damage instead of 25.
* Plasma does 8 base damage instead of 12.
* Energy shield blocks 50% of damage instead of 80%. Drains 25
energy per minute instead of 40.
* You can now chat while dead, while at the end of a match, or while
logged into a computer.
* Checkboxes on the join game screen are now slightly more user
friendly. Turning off one of team/non-team also turns off the
* A GEP gun no longer maintains its lock while reloading. You must
get a fresh lock for every shot.
* Leg damage no longer slows you down (unless you completely lose
* In team games, you should be less likely to spawn into battles
between teammates and enemies.
* Added functionality so that administrators can more easily kick
the players that they intend to kick. (See MP Administration doc)
* If you receive a datalink while logged into a computer, the
datalink now plays properly when you exit the computer. This was
most noticeable when sending the transmission to the NSF after
Paul asks you to do so.
Changes for the Mod Community:
* Singleplayer mods are now able to use classes other than JCDenton
for the player character. Override the ApproveClass function in
* Multiplayer mods can now add new gametypes in configs, as well as
new classes and teams. To add new teams, you will need to override
the ApproveTeam function in DeusEx.TeamDMGame. New classes and
teams will also require new portraits.
* It is now easier to have new gametypes in packages other than