Quake II v3.20 point release | Posted by jonchappell on Aug 20th 05 08:11 AM
Please note that saved games from before the application of the patch will no longer work once the patch has been applied.
- Fixed a network problem where and oversize packet could cause a client crash.
- Fixed the long standing Quake2 bug of where you would
occasionally spawn or teleport and find yourself either looking
straight at the ceiling or
down at the floor.
- Changed it so that the function keys (F1 through F12) now get
executed when depressed during demo playback or attract modes. This
allows you to take screen shots (F12) during demos and other features.
An example of other features is a fast forward for demos:
alias +ff "timedemo 1"
alias -ff "timedemo 0"
bind f7 +ff
This binding will cause the current demo playing to zip into
timedemo mode while F7 is depressed, effectively acting like a fast
- Wrong packaging of 3.19 patch. The Rogue CD has a 45k pak2 and
vwep .md2 files in baseq2/players, but the 3.19 x86 patch we released
has a 2.7MB pak2. 3.20 has a 45k pak2 and the vwep models go in
- VWep code has been added to Xatrix dll, new VWep models for the
Xatrix specific weapons (Ion Ripper and Phalanx) have been included.
- Rogue Linux game library was wrong version and had some unlinked symbols, this has been corrected.
- Occasional error of: "D_SCAlloc: bad cache width 16384" in
software renderer. This had to do with surfaces to SURF_FLOWING and
were transparent. This has been fixed in the refs now so flowing
transparent textures now works.
- [Unix] Net_ErrorToString calls were wrong, was using %i and not
%s resulting in random numbers being printed for error messages.
... and more.